Facts and advice
- The cableway opened on October 16, 2010.
- On October 23, 2010, the new aerial highway was recorded in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s longest reversible cableway.
- It set the record not only for the length of the cable track (5752 m), but also the time of its construction – 10 months.
- Wings of Tatev reversible cableway was opened as part of the Tatev Revival program.
- The tram ride to Tatev Monastery takes around 12 minutes, whereas the trip up the steep switchback road of the Vorotan Gorge takes around 40 minutes.
To avoid late arrivals for the tram ride, please allow extra time to arrive to the base.
Plan your visit to the monastery in advance so as not to remain until the last tram ride. Downhill rides are conducted by queuing in person.